lundi 31 décembre 1979

DOUG PARKINSON'S SOUTHERN STAR BAND - LP - I'll Be Around



Direction AUSTRALIA with this rare album released in 79" on SOUTHERN STAR Records produced by the musicians of the band whose Duncan McGuire is the bassist!
I was bluffed by the voice of our friend Doug, powerful and melodious, with that tone that belongs only tenors of the black soul, and yet, and yet .... when looking at the back cover that is not only perceives that Doug is white but he and his band, White also, have a rock and roll look!!
An lp that is close to my heart my friends, with two amazing soul bombs for both voice and musical performance with Transverse flute ... and a wonderful resumption of Spinners 73" with the song "I'll Be Around", also recovered by Terri Wells in 84" ...  










Surprising how "whites" can be very "black" in the soul music:





.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire